Gulabjam is a favorite sweet and needs no further explanation as over the years it has earned its status in every household, festivals and parties. Traditional preparation is to condense milk to make Gulab Jam, but I am sharing a recipe to make this quickly using Bisquick and Milk powder.
For Gulab Jam
- 3 cup milk powder
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 table spoons melted butter
- 1 tbspoon Elaichi powder
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 cup water
- 1 tbsp Elaichi powder
- Add 2 cup sugar to 3 cup water and bring it to boil. Stir occasionally and once all the sugar dissolves in the water, turn the heat off. Add Elaichi powder to the syrup.
- Mix 3 cups of Milk powder, 1 cup Bisquick and 4 table spoon of melted butter in a pan and mix it thoroughly. Kneed the dough well with hand to make it fine and consistent.
- Make 1/2 inch round balls using the dough. The balls should appear and feel smooth, if not then knead the dough again to get the fine consistency.
- Deep fry the balls on medium heat to golden brown. Immediately put the fried balls in the hot sugar syrup. Your Gulabjam are ready.
Serve hot as dessert. You can also serve with fresh home made Rabdi
Recipe Courtesy – Chhaya Singh