To make biscuits –
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup maida
- 1 & 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp milk (or as needed)
- granulated sugar for decoration
To make cream –
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (grind 1 cup sugar + 1tbsp corn starch)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix butter and sugar using a standing mixer or hand blender till it gets fluffy
- Add all dry ingredients – maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt, add vanilla essence
- Mix gently by hand, adding milk gradually making sure that the dough is not too tight or too loose. The consistency should be such that you can easily roll it flat.
- Place the dough between two parchment papers(also called butter paper) and roll it evenly flat. Parchment paper ensures that the dough does not stick to the rolling pin. Experiment with thickness ranging from 3-5mm
- Cut the biscuits to rectangular-shaped strips, typical width from 2 to 3 cm and length at 5 to 7 cm based on your liking.
- Make a 5 to 7 holes depending on the length of the strips you cut
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the strips for decoration
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F (180C) for 15 minutes, take it out and let it cool completely.
Who says your biscuits have to be rectangular – Heart shaped, pumpkin face, rounds or custom figures look awesome and taste equally good.
- Beat butter at room temperature with the help of a standing mixer or hand mixer while gradually adding sugar.
- Add cocoa powder and mix thoroughly
Cream should be easy to spread between two biscuits. Add 1 tbsp milk to the cream in case it becomes too thick to spread.
Bringing it all together
Spread the freshly prepared cream between two pieces of biscuits (after the biscuits cool down completely).
Enjoy the freshly made yummy Bourbon biscuits with your friends and family!