Plantain Subji (केळ्याची भाजी) is a tasty subji made using green bananas and can be made either spicy or sweet
- 1 large raw green banana(कच्चे केळे)
- 2 tbsp Oil for cooking
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Peel the banana of the raw green banana and cut it into thin slices.
- Heat oil on medium flame in a thick bottom pan and make tadka using Mustard seeds, Asafetida and Turmeric powder.
- Add the banana slices to the pan, stir the mix and cover the pan.
- When the subji becomes softer add Red chilli powder, sugar and salt.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut and coriander leaves.