Pani Poori , one of the most popular snack in Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Lucknow and Chandigarh, is a crisp round hollow puri, filled with mixture of pani, chili chutney, tamarind chutney, chat masala, potato, onion and chickpeas.
- 1 cup Finest Rava / Sooji
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking Oil
- Mix 1 cup of Finest Rava (also called Sooji) with a pinch of salt in enough cold water to make a thick dough
- Kneed the dough well and make sure it is consistent and elastic
- Roll a big roti from the dough and then using a round cookie cutter make small round Puris
If you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can use any small round bottle lid for making puris
- Deep fry the pooris till golden brown on both sides. Add a pinch of salt to the oil that makes the puris crispy.
Enjoy the crispy Pani puris with your favorite stuffings !