Undere Kheer is a sweet dish made specially during occasion of Gauri Pooja. Undere are small balls made of wheat flour or rice flour, boiled and added to sweetened milk.
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 4 cups Milk
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Mix 2/3 cups of sugar to 4 cups of milk and boil on medium heat
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and once the water starts to boil add 1/2 cup of Rice flour to it
- Mix the Rice flour thoroughly in the boiling water and cover it for about 1 minute
- Turn the heat off, take the dough in a bowl and knead it while it is still hot
- Make pea size balls (“Undere”) from the dough.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil and put the Undere balls in it
- As soon as the balls start to float on the water, take them out and put them in the boiling Milk
- Cook for 5 more minutes and add cardamom powder
- Garnish with sliced almonds and saffron